Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Action Research Plan


CHAMPS Action Research Plan
Goal: Measure the effectiveness of CHAMPS ,since the implementation of it this school year.
Action Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
 
Compare the data of office referrals from the 2011-2012 and the 2012-2013.
  • Compare the overall number per semester and total for the year.
  • This data can be broken down into what types offenses the office referrals were submitted for.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hayley Fraser
December 2012- May 2012
 Our online data base that stores the discipline records.
The data will be compared for the overall number of office referrals and types of office referrals. The data will be shared with the principal and assistant principals as well with our Academic and Operational Teams.
 
Compare the data of the office referrals from 2011-2012 and 2012-2013
  • This data can be broken down to see where the majority of our offenses are taking place. For example: hallway, cafeteria, PE, classes.
 
 
 
 
 
Hayley Fraser
December 2012- May 2012
Our online data base that stores the discipline records.
The data will be compared for the overall number of office referrals and types of office referrals. The data will be shared with the principal and assistant principals as well with our Academic and Operational Teams.
Since our Operational Team is the one helped implement this at the beginning of last year, this data can provide a good point for them to see what is working with our plan and what we need to change.
Conduct a short online survey for the teachers to see what their impression is of the effectiveness is of the CHAMPS program.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hayley Fraser
May 2013
An online survey that I will create using either Survey Monkey or google docs. It will only ask 5-7 questions.
The survey will provide a way for teachers to give their opinions on the new school wide discipline plan. The data will be shared with the principal and assistant principal along with both team leaders. This survey will allow the principal to see where we need more staff development on in this area.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I was searching the list of blogs for a topic that applies to what I do and was so excited to see your topic was the flipped classroom... until I saw that it wasn't. :( You might want to resubmit your information in Dr. Abshire's blog form.
    I too thought about researching discipline. I'm looking forward to reading about your findings. I would be interested to see if your school's discipline issues are similar to the issues in my school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. When we first entered that information, I thought we had to list a topic. I was pretty sure that was my topic. However, things change. I went ahead and changed that information on Monday. Thanks again for catching that mistake!!! I appreciate it!!!

      Delete